Remember'' Technology of Management for Honey Bee Colonies
Beekeeper and Engineer
The process of management of bee colonies really depends on how you decide to undertake optimization.
The efficiency of such a decision needs to be estimated by a criterion of efficiency. These criteria are determined by the beekeeper. The most essential criteria are:
High efficiency of bees at pollination of entomological plants (each colony needs to gather the maximum feasible amount of nectar and pollen at any interval during the active season, here is the main task of the beekeeper in this case).
- Direct Products of Beekeeping
Quantity of honey, pollen, royal jelly and other direct products of beekeeping (to get the highest possible amount, which the environment is able to give us, of direct beekeeping products from each colony– here is the main task of the beekeeper for the present instance. Also a beekeeper is obliged to cut down expenses for maintenance of bees in unusually unfavorable years).
The viability is very important factor, especially for those regions, where the duration of over-wintering is very long. (Using “Remember” technology, the bees’ safety is based on a solid foundation).
I suggest to you this management technology elaborated by me. The technology has been verified by many years practice, it is based on my mathematical model (I presented the model at the 36th Apimondia Congress). My mathematical model is a union of two sciences: mathematics and biology, it is a simple table, which each beekeeper can read freely.
As a result of processing information with the help of this mathematical model, we get the exact data required for running a bee colony. You will be able to provide evidence of the connections between three systems: the bee, the bee colony and the environment.
Every beekeeper always collects and keeps certain information for managing colonies. He decides on the great number of simple local problems, including the known very complicated problems of global character. The last tasks are so complex, that even modern computing machines cannot decide on them successfully. And how does a beekeeper decide on these tasks? Actually he decides them intuitively.
“Remember” technology enables beekeepers to handle colonies objectively, in place of intuitional management, because my technology is founded on accurate mathematical calculation.
Intuitional management of colonies can be likened to piloting a ship on an ocean without a compass and in a foggy weather.
At the present moment, all existent technologies of colony management, are technologies of intuitional management. A not effective enough beekeeper uses his knowledge because he does not have an instrument to process information.
The mathematical model is just the instrument a beekeeper needs.
One of its basic strong points is that the model really is presented as a table. Sure, such a table can be read by beekeepers only. The reading of the table is impossible without knowledge of bee biology and the environment of a colony.
Dear colleagues, working with the help of “Remember” technology you always know the hive mind (inner state) of each colony. Actually, you will know their viability, working capacity and exact date of birth (beginning) of the swarming state (intersystem disagreement), which you will successfully handle.
The characteristic features of "Remember” technology are:
- The technology is elaborated with the help my mathematical model of a honey bee colony. This model is reliable for all European races of bees, also for others, which have a similar period of development and lifetime of workers.
- Working with the help of the technology, swarming of colonies is fully eradicated.
- Using the technology, management of colonies becomes quite clearly visible, like on a TV screen.
- Collection and processing of necessary information is simple enough.
- One beekeeper is able to process information for 200 colonies without special devices, but 1 or 2 assistants are needed. Of course, personal computing machines make it possible for the beekeeper to process information for more than 1500 colonies. A beekeeper and his assistants will have the possibility of earning a decent return for their work.
- Working with the help of “Remember” technology, a beekeeper needs no more than 4 hours to execute all the work required by a hive with one colony from the main spring inspection to the period of preparation for over-wintering.
- By the time he is preparing bees for wintering, a beekeeper will know the exact viability of each colony. Such information is essential for those climatic zones, where the period of winter rest lasts 150 days and more. There, the use of “Remember” technology cannot be equaled. In those climatic areas, during over- wintering, the average death-rate of 20% of colonies is considered the norm. When using “Remember” technology, in theory, the death-rate of the colonies does not take place. Undoubtedly, the race of bees must correspond to the given climatic zones and the bees must be healthy. It is possible reduce affliction from external mites to no more than 0.1% of the bees being prepared for wintering.
- In 75 days, after a spring cleansing flight, the basic part of colonies, substantially lowers its flying activity. And using “Remember” technology the total activity of an apiary increases by at least 20% and by 100 days the activity doubles in comparison with technologies of intuitional management.
- Productivity of the apiary during the whole season is always higher, in comparison with other technologies. And at very difficult period for the environment this advantage can be more than in 2.5 times higher.
- Using bees for pollination of entomological plants, the technology naturally results in a highly superior harvest of essential nectar and pollen. During all the season, each "Remember” control colony collects at least twice the amount of floral pollen compared to any other technologies. This information is of special interest for specialists, who grow entomological plants. It is known, that oppressed plants do not secrete enough nectar, but there is always pollen during flowering. Bees collect pollen, substantially raising the crop capacity of plants in difficult situations. For example, buckwheat is one of those very capricious plants regarding secretion of nectar. Once, 60 hectares of these plants were pollinated by 140 colonies, which were handled with the help of the “Remember” technology. Simultaneously, around this area under crop, in a radius of 30 kilometers more than 40 areas cropped with buckwheat were pollinated and each square was from 30 to 100 hectares. All these areas were pollinated by colonies, which were controlled with intuitional technologies. (There were 3 colonies on each hectare).
Natural-climatic conditions, for all above enumerated areas, were the same and extremely unfavorable for nectar flow by buckwheat in that year. All areas were sown by the identical sort of buckwheat.
Surely, the productivity was very low, in the above mentioned areas under crop. On each of all 40 areas under crop of buckwheat, where pollination was produced by the bees guided by intuitional technologies the average crop yield of buckwheat was collected from 0.9 to 1.1 tons from a hectare.
At the same time, on the areas of 60 hectares the average crop yield of buckwheat was got 2.1 tons from a hectare. Yes, this buckwheat was pollinated by bees controlled by “Remember” technology. The productivity was practically twice as much. In this particular case, the intensive pollination was fulfilled due to the active collection of pollen.
For producing elite seeds of entomological crops, we shall always get high quality seeds.
Let me draw your attention to very simple situation. Until now the process of pollination of entomological crops has been done with the help of bees, managed by intuitive technologies.
In fact, under normal environmental conditions for growing the type of plants, the overall mass of a gathered harvest has from 1% to 3% of good sized and accordingly heavier seeds. Selection such a small quantity of seeds has no economic purpose.
If we grow the same plants under analogous conditions but with “Remember” technology we will get another result: from the entire harvest we will received more than 50% of seeds of increased size and weight. The economic interest in selecting particularly large seeds from the common mass of a harvest is an obvious fact. Such elite seeds can become the object of higher attention not only for specialists of mass production, but for another sphere of activity.
Furthermore this technology attracts plant growers because they can see the state of any colony very easily, with the help of accessible information. Simultaneously, the quantity of colonies, necessary for qualitative pollination, diminishes by 25% in comparison with any intuitive technology.
Surprised? No, this is the result of the normal use of a beekeeper’s knowledge and brings help for the bees in good time. Really, working with the help of “Remember” technology we have decided to undertake optimization, here we have the best of all possible variants for the management of honey bee colonies.
The additional information is for beekeepers that do not use “Remember” technology
The annual loss of profit from each wintering bee colony adds up to 50 to 500 EUR (concerning direct beekeeping production only).
If you do not use bee colonies for the pollination of entomological crops the joint loss of profit from crop production for the beekeeper and plant grower is from 750 to 2000 EUR for one active season from one wintering colony.
The above mentioned calculations were made in compliance with established whole-sale prices for cropping, beekeeping productions and bee colonies at the beginning of the year 2010 by the whole of Europe.
In my theory of swarming and "Remember" technology I used the expressions:
- Inner state
- Intersystem disagreement
- Working capacity
These expressions become clear in detail after reading my work "The main idea of bee swarming"
Dear friends, below I place the fragment of my math table. At a glance the table can seem incomprehensible and meaningless but it will make sense to readers after acquaintance with the theory of swarming and my beekeeping technology. When you have understood and have completed the mathematical table of bee colonies, you will run your colonies very easily and with certainty.
In our school years we mastered multiplication tables and Periodic Law; it was hard work wasn’t it? But now we make use of them quite easily.
I wish to end my article by words of great Blaise Pascal:
“There is enough light for those, who want to see, and there is enough darkness for those, who don’t.”
With kind regards,
Beekeeper and Engineer